WISSOTA Announces Rule Changes for 2012wissota
If there are any questions,
about these rule changes,
Head Tech for WISSOTA
1. Body rules will be brought more in line with other sanctioning bodies.
Will be finalized in next 3 weeks by committee of WISSOTA and Builders.
2. Steel heads will not be legal any more beginning with the start of the 2015 season.
1. Lift bar may have same type of coil-over as the rear end.
1. Body rules will be cleaned up by WISSOTA and Builders
2. Fuel: may use up to E-98 Ethanol. May make changes to the carb to enable the use of ethanol.
1. Fuel: all may use up to E-98 Ethanol. May make changes to the carb to enable the use of ethanol. The 350 cubic inch engines must still run a stock cast iron intake.
1. Guide plates are allowed.
2. Race fuel is allowed
3. Fuel: May use up to E-98 Ethanol. May make changes to the carb to enable the use of ethanol
4. Steel lower A frame bushings are allowed. The hole must be in the center of the bushings.
5. Steel bushings are allowed on the rear suspension. The bolt hole must be in the center of the bushings. Spherical bushings are allowed.
1. Fuel: up to E-98 Ethanol is allowed. May make changes to the carb to enable the use of ethanol.
2. Same shock rule as the Midwest Modifieds.
3. Maximum body width allowed is 62".
4. Bead lock allowed on the right rear wheel.
1. Fuel cell: recommend use of the smallest fuel cell possible.
The steel can around the fuel cell may be 20 gauge steel.
2. Floor pan may be 20- gauge minimum thickness steel or .125 minimum thickness aluminum. Floor Pan rule does not apply to Street Stocks.
3. Vent bars are recommended.
4. No “Topless Week”.
5. Unsportsmanlike conduct is a non-appealable offense.
6. Illegal fuel is a fineable offense.
7. 30 bonus points will no longer be awarded at the WISSOTA 100.
8. WISSOTA 100 stands alone as far as procedures and rules, excluding car rules.